More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Wednesday, October 01, 2003

Mailman, oh mailman, where art thou Mailman?

I can't believe this... I've now not gotten a piece of mail, not a letter, not a flyer, not an application for a platinum credit card! Its kinda disturbing when you don't get any mail for such a period of time. We are so dependent on the ease of communication these days that its a shock if we don't get something in the mail, an e-mail or a phone call.

How did people manage to keep in contact in the early days of the postal service? In the days of messengers? I imagine you knew your nearest neighbor's and those in your Parrish very well. In this global age, you can have a best friend half way around the world but never have seen or talked to your neighbors. I know I barely know the folk in my community, and its a small one!

Today at lunch I started October Christmas Ornament no.1. Its Teresa Wentzler's Beginners White Work Oranment. Only I'm not doing it in white, I'm stitching on I think a 32ct solo linen from Silkweavers using Red Plum from Gentle Art Sampler Threads. I'm not decided on the beads yet, I'll do that when all the stitching is done. Maybe this time I'll leave them out or put in colonial knots just to change things up a little.

No comments: