More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Ornament Number Two

I finished it yesterday evening while I was at the Dr's office for my allergy shot. Have you ever been put in the little room where the doctor sees you and start to wonder if you had been forgotten about... that's what happened to me. When you go in for an allergy shot you don't need an appointment, you're pretty much put to the top of the list, the Dr. runs in gives you your shot and is off again. Well the Dr I was slated for kinda forgot to stop by to give me my shot until after she had seen the next patient. But at least I had my stitching to keep me company for those 30 minutes.

So yes... I finished that second ornament. Its Christmas Rose by Elizabeth's Designs in the 2002 JCS Ornament Issue. Its stitched on grey 32 count linen using DMC floss. The leaf stitch is supposed to be done using Needle Necessities cotton but I didn't have the colour called for so I used Six Stran Sweet's Wintergreen. I think in March I'm going to stitch at least one Dragon Dreams ornament.

I have two more bands done on Northern Lights Sampler. I'm now up to band15 out of 32. I don't think I'm going to make my goal on the finishing date I set for this piece. Oh well there's always March.

No comments: