More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Framing Frustrations

Well I ruined 3 mats tonight... sigh

I probably shouldn't of tried to cut mats after being sick for the last three days and right after waking up from a nap. I have no common sense some days!

First... I cut the wrong colour! I noticed this before cutting any openings sooo hopefully they can be cut down or used on a future project.

Next ... I messed up the top mat on one of the two double mats I was cutting tonight (both identical for two copies of the same photo).

After that... I messed up the under mats. For some reason I ALWAYS undercut my corners. Often I can fix my way out of that with a razor blade and being careful. Well I totally messed that up on both mats!

So I put it all away and came back to it an hour and a half later... with success!

I'm not sure if I'm going to go to TKD tomorrow night we'll see how I'm feeling (this cold sure knocks you back on your ass!). If not I'll cut and assemble the two frames. But I have to wait until pay day to pick up the glass... I'm broke as usual! LOL.

I have also been plugging away at Mystery VI part 4 I'm still stitching away with all that evil black marlitt! I want to get that out of the way first!

No comments: