More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Friday, July 23, 2004

A Long Week
 
Yup, its been one of those.  Our family emergency is still ongoing and it looks like it will for sometime.  So if blogging starts to become rather erratic let me apologize up front.
 
I was just thinking as I was waiting for blogger to load (stupid slow rural connection!) that last month I got SO MUCH done stitching wise.  This month I feel like I'm treading water.  We're down to the last week of the month and my two ornaments are not done, they are both in different stages of being worked on ... slowly.  I've picked one ornament that I'm really not enjoying and I find a PITA to work on.  But I'm stubborn I won't let it get the best of me!  Also I won't let myself work on my fun and colourful griffon ornament until this is done.
 
Progress on Bandon Light is going nicely I should have page 4 done by the end of the month... that's if this emergency doesn't get worse.
 
So I have one more week of work before I'm on holiday for a week.  Guess what I'm going to do?  I'm going to stitch.  The following week after my holidays I'm going for surgery and then I'll be off of work for 4-6 weeks.  Hopefully in that time I'll get Bandon Lighthouse and Mini Cottages 3 done, and hopefully start my friend Laura's wedding present.  Also there's keeping up with Mystery 6 and Mini F both I'd like to get done in the week before surgery.
 
As for the surgery I'm starting to get a little freaked out over it.  I've never been operated or put under ever.  My biggest fear is not being properly sedated I think.  I've read that this can happen in about one in a million people.  You can't talk, you can't move but you can feel everything they're doing.  That's what I'm really scared of.
 
Its the weekend I'm going to stitch...

No comments: