More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week

Q: Are there any types of designs that you won't stitch?

A : Gosh this is one with an obvious answer ... anything I don't like! Actually I won't stitch anything with a poor cover photo on the chart until I see the piece in person. I think there are quite a few designers out there that need to put a little more money into photography and presentation. I don't like cutsie things. I once upon a time said I'd never do a sampler, wrong I'm working on Celtic Band Sampler right? I've also met the odd designer whose attitude towards others really bothered me, so that person won't be getting my money any time soon.

I like things that are well designed, eye catching, and make me want to buy it and stitch it.

Answering Karen's Question

Karen asked in my comments from my last post where did I learn how to do my framing? Just over two years ago now I registered for an evening interest course at my local college for picture framing. The course and instructor were fabulous. Were were taught everything on how to calculate how much molding you need, figuring out mats, colour, mounting and putting it all together. I mean they covered everything! It is a course that has paid for itself over and over! I really would like to invest in a better blade for my compound miter saw, and a professional level mat cutter. But those are someday things for now my tools are good enough. The initial investment is quite a bit, but it pays for itself after just a few pieces.

No comments: