More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Saturday, November 26, 2005

I Think... I Have A Horseshoe Up My... You Know


Oh my GOD! I think I had a religious experience tonight... that or I was just at one of the best concerts EVER!


Well, by lunchtime today I was pretty much resigned to the fact that I was not going to be seeing U2 tonight... well actually last night now that its 1am.

Here's how today started.... still no luck finding a U2 ticket that wasn't being sold for 2-3 times the face value (can you say scalping... can you say slightly illegal?). But there were folk out there willing to pay it, and that's what creates such price gouging!

At 7:10 am I pulled into the Corel Center to fill out a ballot for 106.9 FM The Bear's draw. At 10 am I called Catpital City Tickets to find out if any last minute tickets were being released. No they hadn't and didn't think they'd be releasing any... Called again at 12:00 PM... still the same answer.. NO. I put a final plea out on the e-mail at work to call my cell is anyone had to get rid of a ticket at the last minute before I left for my afternoon meeting. When there I was jealous to find out another person I knew was going, and I still wasn't! Our meeting wrapped up at 3:30pm while I was waiting to pull out of the parking lot I decided to call Capital City Tickets again on a whim. They could only say no right? Well I got through and went on hold for quite awhile. So I asked the question... "Is there any chance that any tickets have been released for U2?" I got the answer

"how many tickets are you looking for?"

"Just one" "

"I can get you one of the floor"

"Oh my God, yes I'll take it!"

Soooo... I got a ticket on the floor at U2 for the actual ticket price of 49.00 plus various charges!!!! Not $200.00!!!!!

When I got there I found a couple of ladies I knew from work, so I had some people to enjoy the concert with, which made it all the better!

All I have to say is it was amazing! Better than the Rolling Stones... better than Pink Floyd! At times when Bono went along the outside of the ellipse of the stage he was no more than 1.5 Meters away from me!!!!! Never in my life did I think I'd get that close to Bono!

If you ever get the opportunity... take it from me, go see U2!!!!

5 comments:

Lnanaa said...

Wow that's good price. Sounds like you had a grea time at the concert.

Schokti said...

Wooohooo!! $49!! That's awesome, Dani! You must have done something to please the universe! Glad to hear you had a great time.

Carol said...

Congratulations Dani! Wow, you are a brave soul to buy only one ticket to a major concert! I am glad you have some work buds to hang with there, otherwise I would worry about you! Stay safe :-)

Cindy said...

Wow! That is so cool! I haven't seen U2 yet, but they are definitely on my list :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Dani! I'm glad you got to go to that concert and that it was a wonderful experience. :)