More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Monday, December 05, 2005

Happy Dance, and a Great Mail Day!!!

Finally, Midi Mystery - Medieval Garden is finally finished. I have to say that yes I'm still Chatelaine-ed out and will be taking a break from Chatelaine's designs for awhile. Now keep in mind I've been working on a Chatelaine in one form or another for two years. So I'm ready for a break and something different for awhile. Yes, I'll stitch some more of Martina's designs in the future just not right now.

Here it is in all its glory :


Now I can totally focus on Nick's stocking until its finished! Which I will move back to once I'm done here online.

Today was an AWESOME mail day! I was surprised to find three parcels waiting for me at the post office, none of which were things I ordered! So that was awesome I love surprises. Two of the items were from the
Teresa Wentzler Bulletin Board Annual Ornament Exchange (this was my third year participating).

I received Dragon Dream's Centaur Ornament from Marilyn in Australia, and TW's Father Christmas Ornament from Paula from the UK (with some delicious choccies!)



The best surprise was the RAK (Random Act of Kindness) I received from Junette in Australia. She sent me two charts from my wish list. Moody Blues Teenie Tweenie #67 from The Sweetheart Tree and The Cat's Meyow by The Drawn Thread!!! What a way to brighten my day!!!!

8 comments:

Carol said...

Your Midi is lovely - congratulations!

Anne S said...

What an awesome day for you ... great ornaments you received, and it's always great to receive a RAK - way to go!! And Midi looks terrific too ... Chatelaines can be pretty hard going, but they're worth it in the end. Look forward to seeing Nick's stocking finished ... still dying to see that dragon! :)

Schokti said...

I love great mail days - and you got it in spades! How wonderful!

I am not sure I like the Chatelaine now that its done. I do know I probably won't add it to my wishlist as it just isn't my style, but it is interesting. Congratulations on the finish!

Kathy said...

Wow you Midi is fantastic, well done on your Happy Dance.

Love your ornies too, they are cute.

Hugs xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

You did a great job on Midi! Are you going to frame it? Those two ornaments that you received are lovely and the RAK must have been a nice surprise at the post office. :)

Katrina said...

Hi Dani, well done on your happy dance - its looks lovely. Wonderful ornies you received too :)

Danielle said...

The Midi Mystery looks wonderful!! Martina's designs are pretty intense--it is no wonder you need a little break. It is nice to have variety in your stitching, too! Lovely ornaments--isn't it wonderful to get these little surprises in the mail??!!

Gina E. said...

Dani, it is SENSATIONAL! Congratulations on finishing such an incredibly complex piece - I doubt if I could last the distance!