More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Saturday, July 22, 2006

A New Tutorial!!!


Well its been awhile since I've made one for you (you know some day I will run out of techniques to make tutorials for!). Today I took a piece I stitched back in 2003 called Celtic Sampler, it was a fundraiser for EAC Seminar that year. I've turned it into a "layered bellpull". At least that's why I call it as you essentially create two bell pulls one slightly larger than the other. Soooo... head on over to my website and check it out!

Before I could start my finishing I of course had to find the right fabric which required a shopping trip. So after teaching Taekwon-Do this morning I popped over to the quilt shop nearby and found a lovely fabric for my bellpull and... another dragon fabric for the collection!

I forgot to answer the SBQ for this week, so here it is :

Q: When you get a project professionally framed do you get glass inserted into the frame? Why or why not?

A: I don't have my pieces professionally framed anymore, I frame them myself. Since I don't have any smokers in my house (and no one is allowed to smoke in here!) I frame without glass. I find you really loose something when you put your stitching behind glass!

Today I got in a couple of hours on Todd's birthday gift while he was out.

2 comments:

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

That is such a pretty bellpull. Thanks for the tutorial!

Katrina said...

what a gorgeous way to finish your banner Dani, well done :)