More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Monday, November 20, 2006

Canadians... Please Consider This

I'm not often one to suggest we all do something but the Dominion Intitute has a petition they are asking people to "sign" online.

In the near future we will loose our last World War I Vet (I heard there are only 3 left in Canada) and they would like to ask Prime Minister Harper that the last WWI vet. has a state funeral.

I think this is very good idea and very important.

Here's the link to the petition.http://www.dominion.ca/petition/

1 comment:

Mary said...

Dani,
I noticed the update on the website. Congrats! I think that is a great way to honor our WWI Vets. I hope they consider doing something like that in the US. In Massachusetts, there are only 2 living WWI Vets living. It's really cool how old the Canadian WWI Vets are.
Thanks for letting us know about the petition!
Mary