More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

My Birthday Turned Into a GREAT Mail Day!

As usual my Birthday had left me feeling a little low. I always have this deep down feeling that my birthday should be an extraordinary, special day. I always end up feeling a little down towards the end of the day because nothing too special ever happens.


I was contemplating buying my own cake on the way home. However, the ladies in the office and the administration at work got me a delicious vanilla strawberry cake! That started to make me feel better.


Then I decided before going home I could use a little retail therapy... I stopped into Chapters and bought some books. I bought the first three books in the Wheel of Time Series by Robert Jordan. I also finally spotted issue 184 of Cross Stitcher (from the UK) it has a Michael Powell design in it! You all know I adore Michael Powell! So I left Chapters 50.00 poorer.



Now for today's mail....

In this picture is my purchased magazine... so that's not really part of the mail day but there it is anyhow! The book, Subversive Cross Stitch... Thank you StephanieC!!!! Its just hilarious... if bad language offends you... don't bother to crack the cover. I was just laughing my head off! The cat card and gorgeous scissor fob are from Carol, here's a closeup...

I just love it! Thank you Carol I have to go buy a pair of scissors for it!

Stephanie and Carol thank you so much for making my day special!!!


12 comments:

Jill in CA said...

Happy birthday, Dani! I replied to your Dovos thread at the wagon. :)

Katrina said...

happy birthday Dani - sounds like you got some great pressies!

stitcherw said...

Happy Birthday, I'm glad that it ended up being much better than you planned. What fun new stash to get too.
Sue

Carol said...

Happy Birthday Dani! Glad you like your gift and that it could brighten your day - and thank you for the heads up on the Michael Powell design in The Cross Stitcher too!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I'm so glad that you had a special day :) Every girl deserves to have a good birthday!
Happy Birthday Dani!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! What lovely gifts and a new crossstitcher, fun, fun!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Dani! Ann.

Karoline said...

Happy birthday Dani

Belinda said...

Happy birthday! I'm glad it turned out okay for you. And I *love* the fob you got - very cute!!

Dawn T. said...

Happy Birthday, Dani! The fob is adorable.

Carolyn said...

Happy (belated) Birthday, Dani!! Looks like you got some nice presents! :)

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you had some good things to make it a special day!