More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

My Neighborhood Is Ready To Go!

Well its taken quite a bit of work, between first the basting, next the outlining and finally stitching my block.... my Fantasy Neighborhood RR is ready to go in the mail for Friday's deadline!

I agonized for quite awhile how I was going to set up this RR. With there being 9 participants (including myself) there really wasn't too many options. At first I thought one long piece of fabric... well at 70x70 blocks that was going to be massive! My next thought... 3 rows of 3 blocks. Nah, too boring. Then it was two rows of 5 blocks... I was set on that for awhile. Then late one night I came up with the layout I used... I have my best thoughts at midnight! I came up with a great layout for Kathy at midnight last Friday, she's in a different group of the same RR that starts in a month and a half.

As I'm sure I've already complained, the outlining took forever! My piece is on 32ct Queen Ann's Lace Joblean from Wichelt (can't you tell I love this fabric). This piece is what's left over after I cut a chunk out of a yard for Paradigm Lost which I'll be stitching with Kathy, Christin and Beatrice starting in November. The outlining is all stitched in Needle Necessities 161 (fools gold I believe), which at first I wasn't sure about but now I'm very happy with my choice. In my center box I stitched the words "Once upon a time, in a far away land... " using the font from Teresa Wentzer's English Cottage Sampler.


Saturday I started stitching my castle for the RR, I would of finished it last night but our appointment with the insurance company lasted hours! So I finished up the last bit of backstitching this evening.

Build A Castle - Teaching Piece
c2001 Dragon Dreams
Stitched with DMC & Kreinik braid

Unfortunately Noah's Sub has been ignored for weeks and it'll be ignored for a little longer. I want to get Kathy's ornament RR stitched up (which I made a start on a few weeks ago). I also have Chrisanne's Band RR... depending on where I am with mail out dates I may take a day or two to work on my poor neglected Sub in between RRs!






18 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Oh, Dani it is just gorgeous. I can hardly wait to see what the others will put on it.Makes me want to start mine.

Christine said...

The layout looks good Dani. I think it'll look awesome when it's finished. Can't wait to see it.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

WOW Dani that is gorgeous and I have a pattern that I think is simply perfect...but now I don't know if it will fit or not...Oh, I hope it does because it is PERFECT!
:)

Carol said...

I love your RR! It's so unique and I can tell you put a lot of work into your layout - I can't wait to watch this one grow and see what all the ladies choose to stitch for your theme!! I already know what Margaret is planning ;-) We chatted at Celebration about it.

Erica said...

Beautiful layout for your RR. I can't wait to see the finished product.

You're so creative to have come up with that layout - I could never have done it!

Julie said...

Dani, I love the creative layout you've picked. I look forward to seeing the progress on your piece and the other RR neighborhoods.

Michelle said...

Love it! Your layout is perfect. I am still trying to figure out how to do mine. You've inspired me.

Jennifer said...

This is such a neat project! I can't wait to see how it grows!

Dawn T. said...

I love the layout! The castle looks awesome:)

ollie1976 said...

Looks great-can't wait to see the final piece.
Thanks for the laugh this morning from your comment on my blog-sorry but it's not a dragon for you!
-Jen

Karin said...

Wow! Love the start of the sampler, and can't wait to see more of it.

claudia said...

That is going to be gorgeous when it is finished. I can't wait to watch the progress! Love your lay out. Very creative.

Anonymous said...

It's looking great :)

Anonymous said...

I love it, Dani! The title, layout, your castle, everything is great. :)

stitcherw said...

Wow, it looks great already. The colors are so pretty, and the little castle on the end is really cute. What a creative layout, I'll look forward to seeing all the different pieces that get selected and stitched for it.
Sue

Heather said...

That is a GREAT layout, and I love the center wording, it's going to be so awesome. I now have to find the perfect chart for this!

Deb said...

Dani, Your RR is so original and fun. I know it's going to be gorgeous and a glorious surprise when it comes home to you!
Hugs,
Deb

Aussie Stitcher said...

Your layout looks great, as does your castle.

Joanne