More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Some HD's

As I mentioned in my previous post I finished two items while I was away from the Internet. The first thing I finished was the basting and my stitching on the Quickie Band Sampler RR I'm in. This RR should be a quick one, as there are only four of us in the group. Three of us are within 1.5-3 hour drives of each other. Actually two of the participants are my good friends Chrisanne and Kathy (who just started blogging so please give her a visit!)! I decided to have a theme to my band sampler : "Knot Another Round Robin"




Knotwork Bookmarks I
c2005 Teresa Wentzler
Stitched on 28ct Ivory Jubilee using DMC Cotton

My second HD was my third and final Hedgehog Quaker freebie. I stitched three of these to test out colours on the fabric I'm planning to stitch Paradigm Lost on this fall. I am definitely going to go with this blue!


Hedgehog Quaker
cThe Workbasket
Stitched on : 28ct Queen Ann's Lace Joblean
using DMC Colour Variations 4240

At the moment I'm focused on getting my next round robin ready for the mail. This one is the Neighbourhood Round Robin I signed up for quite some time ago. I've got all the basting done now I'm adding my personal touches to it. I'll probably work on it all weekend... it goes out in the mail at the end of the month!

8 comments:

Dawn T. said...

Beautiful color of thread! Hedgehog is really cute:)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on both your finishes. I like the blue best too. Ann.

Cheryl said...

Great finishes! Love the hedgehog and the colour

Belinda said...

Beautiful, both of them! And I like the blue hedgehog best, too (although I admit to being biased since blue's my favorite color).

Knot Another RR - love it!

Jennifer said...

That little hedgehog is adorable! And very cute theme for the RR.

Laci said...

Great theme for the RR, and the hedgehog is awesome. I liked your other two thread choices as well, but this one is my favourite (like Belinda - blue is my favourite too)

stitcherw said...

The knotwork for the RR looks lovely, that will be such a fun and unique one when finished.

Your hedgehog is great. I like the blues best as well, but then since blue is my favorite color it probably had an unfair advantage over the other two you stitched earlier. Can't wait to see how it looks for PL.
Sue

Ruth said...

Dani, I ***love*** "Knot another RR" lol