More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

And Another Round Robin

Yay! Another round robin is done and dusted! Lately that's all I feel like I've been working on. This one is the Neighborhood Round Robin I'm in that just started. This one belongs to Cindy and her theme is country cottages and colonial houses.




I went through some charts and decided to stitch a modified version of house 7 from Houses of Hawk Run Hollow. I stitched two of the four houses in the block... and in the area that was left I put in the hot air balloon (I loved it!) but without the bird sitting on top. I'm very happy with the results and I hope Cindy is too.


Houses of Hawk Run Hollow
House 7 (modified)
c Carriage House Samplings
Stitched on 32 ct Days Gone By Joblean (Silkweavers) with DMC


So ... now for the moment, until something else shows up in the mail I can pull Noah's Sub back up... perhaps tomorrow I'll treat you with a progress pic as I did work on it two weekends ago.


Since I haven't been blogging much lately I should update you on what I've been up to (stitching related and of interest of course!


Two weekends ago (that would of been June 9/10th) was Todd and mine 15th anniversary ... we're not married so that would be when we started dating. How did we celebrate you may ask. In all honesty we didn't. I went to a weekend stitching get together with some Eastern Ontario stitchers and he went to the cottage to fish. I have to say I needed that weekend away! I was the first to arrive at Lynn's house on Saturday morning, but no more than half an hour later Rebbecca arrived. This was my first time meeting Lynn and the second time I met Rebbecca. Once lunch and visiting was done with we got down to some serious stitching. I started an over one monogram... which I have to embarrassingly tell you I trashed this week. I realized I was stitching the wrong letter! I wanted to stitch someone a thank you for sending something on for me and what did I do? Get names mixed up! Instead of starting over I trashed it, in the meantime I've come up with something else for a thank you but I won't share until its been received. Once I was sick of over one, Noah's Sub came out. Late afternoon Chrisanne stopped in to join us for a few hours and I got to take her new car (or putt putt as she puts it) out for a little tour. Its cute! Lynne put together a fantastic dinner for me and Rebbecca and in the evening Pam (if I recall correctly) a friend of Lynn's joined us for more stitching! Sunday consisted of breakfast, stitching, lunch, stitching and heading back home. I have to thank Lynn for hosting a very relaxing weekend and feeding us the most excellent food! I hope we can do it again!



This past weekend was the annual quilt exhibit at the Country Quilter in Richmond, for the third year in a row my Mum and I went to check it out. I have to say this year they seemed to have so many more quilts and they were all just fantastic! I wish now I had take some pictures for you. Its such a fantastic setting, the Country Quilter is run out of a nice old house so in the yard they put ropes between all the trees and hang the quilts in the yard. Its just fantastic with the sun and the breeze! A bonus of course is the 20% off sale they have. My Mum and I both bought some fabbies. I was very good and kept myself in reign. I bought 3 fat quarters, two that will work with my blue Hedgehog Quaker one was just too cute to stay there! After the Country Quilter it was still too early for lunch so we went to The Running Stitch and finally onto lunch.



So those are the "interesting" things I've done lately.

19 comments:

Jennifer said...

Your RR and fabrics look lovely! And it sounds like a great weekend!!

Kathy A. said...

Nice fabrics Dani. Be careful, you may turn into a quilter to use up those irrestible fabrics. Glad to hear your quilting trip was a success.

msstitch01 said...

Great round robin stitching Dani. Congrats on your anniversary, 15 years is a long time. We are having our "Stitches and Craft" show in Sydney at the end of this month which also has a quilt show and I intend to take my camera as some of those quilts are gorgeous. Makes me a little jealous as I don't quilt.

ollie1976 said...

Happy Anniversary-sounds like a great weekend-sharing it with fellow stitchers!
-Jen

Cheryl said...

Happy anniversary!
Love the RR and the square you stitched. Ive just had a look at the RR blog as ive just joined a RR and wanted some ideas - never done one before! I love the way you gridded your fabric!!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I think your choice for Cindy's RR turned out fabulous Dani :) Really great!
And it sounds as you have been a busy girl ;)
Belated Happy Anniversary!

Lynne said...

What cute fabric and it sounds like you had a wonderful time !

Julie said...

Your rr block turned out great. Its a great pick. I love the blue fabrics.

Carol said...

Oooo, you are so fast :-) I love your block for Cindy - and I am sure she does too!!

Judith said...

The choice for the RR looks great. Also love the fabbies.

Heather said...

You already finished your block for the NRR? Holy moley girl!!! It looks fantastic too. The hot air balloon is excellent, I agree :D Glad you had a nice weekend away! Sounds like a lot of fun.

Concetta said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful stitcher's get away. I love what you did on Cindy's RR - great start! I'll look forward to seeing this progress - I love the Neighbourhood RRs. :)

Michelle said...

Love the block you stitched - it is so great with the hot air balloon. Great fabrics you chose too - very pretty!

Von said...

You are a speedy stitcher, Dani, to already have Cindy's rr finished! You did a great job. :)

Dawn T. said...

The house is cute! Sounds like you have been pretty busy:)

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

I love what you picked for Cindy's RR. It is a nice contrast to what she had already done.

stitcherw said...

The RR looks great, the hot air balloon added a fun touch. Glad you had such a fun time with your stitching friends, stitching get togethers are the best.
Sue

Wendy said...

Your addition to the RR looks great, Dani. And sounds like a wonderful weekend was had by all!

Aussie Stitcher said...

I love what you stitched for Cindy, sounds like my sort of weekend.

Joanne