More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

On Vacation!!!!


Well I've started my summer holidays just right I think... staying up late to stitch last night (I made it to about 1:30am) and had a nice sleep in this morning. I have this alarm clock that's black and furry and starts making a nuisance of himself at 9:30am. I'm finding it a little hard to get going this morning so I'm sitting here blogging with a nice cup of tea listening to my favourite radio station.

I'm really looking forward to being off of work despite nothing amazing or earth-shattering planned... I don't go back to work until August 13th! Yay! Also Todd will be on his holidays next week so we'll be able to spend some time together at the family cottage (which we reserved for next week). The beauty of the cottage is its all of 15 minutes from our house and if the weather's nasty, I need floss, a new stitching project, feed the boys, or for any other reason its really no big deal to pop home.

My only true plans start tonight. I'll be picking up Christin and a pizza for dinner, we're going to stitch the evening away. Tomorrow morning, bright and early we're hopping in the car and heading down to stitch with Ann's group of ladies in Brighton and staying on for a few days for a nice visit. Christin and Beatrice over the last few years have forged a fast friendship and Christin will stay with her... I know Beatrice is looking forward to it!. Christin and I have met a lot of ladies through Ann, like I said Christin has become great friends with Beatrice and I've become close friends with Kathy. The center of it all is of course our great friend Ann (and we can't forget her DH... he cooks and cleans cars)!

I'm really looking forward to going to stitch with Ann's group of ladies. Its always such an enjoyable afternoon, and often I can be an evil enabler or teach a thing or two. I wish I could find a group like this in my area. Ottawa is a funny city, there are guilds and groups out there but I find they take themselves just a little too seriously and my LNS doesn't run a stitching night like quite a few out there do. What I really should do is set up my own little informal stitching group.

So that's my only specific plan. I need to find something neat to do, or place to go, or someone to visit the week of August 6-10. As much as I love stitching my good friends know I don't like to be in one place too long. Even if I can find someone to go stitch with that will do nicely.

Tonight I'll give you folks a Noah's Sub update... so stay tuned!

Well I typed this up this morning... and life got in the way so I had no chance to post it. So here it is now more than 12 hours after I typed it.
Photo : one of my daylillies from my garden 2007

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I started my own cross stitch group, we all enjoy it thoroughly when we get together.

Do try Dani, it is great fun, we swap houses, so one of us gets to hostess it every now and then.

Jennifer said...

Yay for vacation!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your vacation! It sounds look you have a lot planned!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great plan for a vacation. A quiet cottage, no major plans and lots of stitching time. Perfect!