More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Thursday, April 10, 2008

That Big Freakin Motif... DONE!

Hmmm I'm getting wanderlust again, I'm feeling the need for a little road trip! But where to go and who to see? I haven't seen Chrisanne since the fall but unfortunately she's got plans, we haven't managed to cross paths in months! I think its either been we've made plans and hit very bad weather or life gets busy.

Tonight I put in a couple of thread lengths worth on my model then picked Paradigm Lost back up. Finally I finished that big ass motif! I even managed to put in a few smaller motifs and have just stared one of the middle sized motifs.
I haven't decided what I'm going to work on over the weekend. Perhaps I'll get round 6 of my Fair and Square picked out and stitched.

Now for another Photo Hunt (I kinda abandoned these for awhile so I need to catch up). Photo Hunt #94 - Old-Fashioned
I took this picture in Old Montreal last fall. Talk about a contrast in technology, old vs. new!

23 comments:

Kathy A. said...

great job on PL. I am almost finished the BA motif I am working on too. Hmmm a road trip - remember points!!! It is tougher on the road. You will have to be disciplined

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Good job on the BAM :)

Carmen said...

great advance in your work!
i like the picture and the theme begin it, old and new..

staci said...

That big motif is GORGEOUS!!! Congrats on finishing it :)

Sally said...

Fantastic job on that big motif Dani! I bet you're relieved to get that one done!

Karoline said...

Congratulations on finishing the big motif :)

Von said...

I know that wanderlust feeling well, Dani. It seems to hit hardest in spring following a long winter stuck indoors, and this year winter seems especially long. In a couple of weeks I get to drive to Victoria, B.C. for a Victoria Sampler stitching retreat - the drive is one of the most exciting features, lol! Of course, the stitching will be pretty cool too. :D

Wanda said...

Congrats on finishing your motif that is a big sucker for sure!

Ruth said...

Congratulations on finishing that motif. Lord, they seem to take forever, don't they? And yet, once done they just look... well, kind of innocuous. Sigh

Nancy said...

Your motif is beautiful. That picture says it all too. Have a good weekend, hope you find a good road trip.

Sharon said...

Your right that is one huge motif! Congrats on finishing it.

Jeanne said...

P.L. is looking good Dani! Congrats on making it past that big motif. Would you mind posting what thread you are using? It looks very pretty - love the bluish/purple combo. You probably have already mentioned it somewhere in your blog but I missed it.

Miokka said...

You can come down and stitch with me! That will help cure your wanderlust!! Congratulations on the BAM finish. I enjoy your photos.
~~Martha~~

stitcherw said...

Congratulations on getting the motif finished up, it was a big one. PL looks so pretty, with smaller motifs ahead it will seem like you're making progress quicker now, as each one seems like a mini finish.
Sue

Michelle said...

PL looks fantastic. Congrats on getting that huge motif finished!

Sue said...

PL looks super. Glad you got that big motif done ;)

Twana said...

Congrats on finishing that big one.

Felicity said...

Hi Danni. Thanks for keeping on keeping on with my blog. I have a piece of fabric to give away & thought you might like to know about it. It's a Canadian-based design with maple leaves etc. Have a look. Put your name in the hat!

Carol R said...

That is one Big Motif!
Great picture of old vs. new

Cheryl said...

Great to see your PL again! Its been a while since i worked on CDC.

Judith said...

It looks beautifull.

Aussie Stitcher said...

Hope your solve your feelings of wanderlust. PL is looking great.

Carol said...

I remember that motif! Wait until you get the to frilly, huge one to its right! Ah, but it is worth it!