More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Monday, May 19, 2008

Farewell Long Weekend...

Were you checking for updated entries this past weekend? Well, there weren't any because its the Victoria Day long weekend (we celebrate Queen Victoria's Birthday!). Todd and I unplugged ourselves from the world starting Friday night and headed to Todd's parent's cottage with his folks and sister. We disconnected from the Internet and the phone and just spent time as a family. The weather wasn't stellar, it was cold and wet at times (very common for this long weekend) but Todd and his Dad got out fishing and Terri (his sister) and I got out for a lot of long walks.




It was nice to just get away from everything and everyone for awhile... and sleep in!



I got some nice photos on the weekend (again using the "creative zone" of the camera).




Terri and I came across this rusty old bike up against a tree. Very picturesque, could be on the front of a greeting card I think.



Then there was this cute little red squirrel that was quite bold on the road in front of us.


I did manage to stitch a little this weekend, but most of it was done today. I've almost finished my last model, just some nasty DMC metallic to put in. I am sooo looking forward to getting back to my own projects, of course first I need to find the time!


I do have some stitching to show off! Late last week Marg received the squares I sent her for round 6 of Fair and Square.



Rosebud Nametag
Freebie cDrawn Thread
Stitched on 32ct Natural Linen
Using DMC Threads

13 comments:

Kathy A. said...

beautiful Fair and Square blocks. Love that bicycle against the tree - good enough for competition - keep that in mind!!1

Mel in Dubai said...

Love the bicycle shot, Dani!

Olga said...

The bike picture is very pretty. I like your squares.

Sally said...

Love the photos Dani. Dh went out with his camera yesterday afternoon and took loads of pics at The Mere. He said he was trying to be creative:)

Lovely squares. I don't think I've ever seen that stitched up before.

Faith Ann said...

Ohmygosh... I *love* the picture of the bicycle!!! What a cool photo!

Wendy said...

Great pictures! So much for a holiday weekend~far too cold and wet for my taste to be at the cottage.

Lynne said...

I'm glad you had a quiet weekend ! The Bicycle Picture is wonderful !!

geeky Heather said...

Squirrel!!!!! So cute!

The bike is nice, too. But the squirrel!!! =)

Julie said...

Great squares, love the bicycle pic

Ruth said...

Ooo, love the bike pic! You're right, definitely the cover of a greeting card.

Congrats on a relaxing weekend. I'm terribly jealous.

Crazee4books said...

Hi Dani,

Long weekends featuring rain, strong winds, and cold temperatures all mixed together with a bit of sunshine do not make for good gardening/outdoor weather.

More like "hug your fireplace" weather. Ah well. Victoria Day was earlier this year then it usually is so I guess that's why.

Sounds like you had a nice, quiet, family time away at the cottage. Very relaxing.

Loved your photo's. The bicycle leaning against the tree is a great image, and that red squirrel is so darn cute!

Your Fair and Square piece is so pretty and dainty. Love the colours too. I'm sure Mary was pleased with it.

Don't work too hard this week.

Cheers!

Karan said...

Love the photos & the F&S pieces are so pretty. :0)

Lennu said...

Beautiful squares and pretty photos! Your blog is a joy to read :)