More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Fun Happy Dance

Its been a busy couple of days for me with friends, comings and goings, and appointments. I've managed to grab what stitching time I could between my appointments, Takewon-Do and visiting with friends! Besides Monday's dinner with Kathy, Christin stayed for a sleep over Friday night after grocery shopping and dinner. We both spent the evening and part of this morning stitching. This afternoon we drove out to the other side of the city to meet a bunch of Christin's co-workers (and some of my past co-workers) for some pool followed by pizza. I had a great time, the group was an eclectic mix and everyone got along beautifully. Oh boy, that pizza was fantastic! I had been looking forward to that for ages! This week I had appointments with the massage therapist and the chiropractor... the back should be good for another month! I also made it into TKD three times this week! I've not trained this much in ages, especially during sparring week, because I always get my butt handed to me on a platter! LOL.

Tonight when I got home I was able to wrap up the project I had started last weekend. It is cute, colourful, and fun to stitch. This will be finished into a pillow for a friend of mine who loves to wear flip flops and I'm sure needs a bit of a care package!

Jelly Mini Block Flip Flops
c Hinzeit
Stitched on : 28ct Opalescent Lugana
Stitched with : DMC, GAST & WDW

Tomorrow is Mother's Day, I won't be doing a lot of stitching. I'm going to pick my Mum up and we're going to go see Star Trek and go out for lunch! I can't wait to see the new movie, its gotten nothing but good reviews. Maybe if I have some stitching time I'll start another ornament for this month.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute finish! Enjoy your day, I can't wait to see Star Trek, let us know what you think of it.

Christine said...

What a fun finish, I love it!
Enjoy Star Trek

Lillie said...

Enjoy your mother's day outing and the movie.

Kathy A. said...

Love those flipflops. Great job. Have a great day out with your Mom and give her my best wishes. Beatrice and I are going to see Star Trek this week. I can hardly wait either.

tkdquintmom said...

Cute flip flops! I know what your talking about when it comes to having your behind handed to you via the sparring method! LOL I always say it's a 'good' hurt...if there is such a thing. Have a great Mother's Day with your mom...I'm anxious to see Star Trek too.

Jo said...

Lovely HD, hope you have a great day with your mum

Donna said...

Very cute! I hope you have a great time with your mom!

Cindy F. said...

I LOVE Flip Flops...the real things AND your stitched piece!
It is just too cute!!

STAR TREK IS AWESOME!!! We went yesterday and we loved it!

Chiloe said...

I hope the movie was good ;-)

That is a cute finish .I'm sure your friend is going to love it !!!

Olga said...

"Flip Flops" is so lovely. Have a great day with your Mother!

Julie said...

Happy Mother's Day Dani (Yes, you're a mom to furr-babies!) I hope you're enjoying the day with your mother.
I've been visiting, but not commenting. Sorry. I'm just tired and not feeling chatty lately. Lovely finish.

Gabi said...

What a cute finish. Congrats.

Carla said...

What a fun finish!!

Carmen said...

lovley stitching,i like the flip flops in summer,they are so confortable. Oh ia want to see star trek too!!

Anonymous said...

stopping by for my first visit ^^
you have done some wonderful stitching and I LOVE your new Ink Circles design!

Anonymous said...

Your flip flops finish is really cute - I'm sure your friend will adore it :)