More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Monday, October 03, 2011

Run For The Cure 2011


Yesterday was my 4th year participating in the CIBC Run For the Cure and as you all know because I've been begging and pleading I annually fund raise for this event.  Not only did I participate and fund raise this year but I started a team as well at my Taekwon-Do School!

 The Almonte Taekwon-Do Run For The Cure Team 2011

For our first Almonte Taekwon-Do team we were 16 strong made up of family, friends, and students!  As a team we fund raised $2,845.00!  I am so proud of my team and how my friends and classmates supported me this year!

Me & Tracey waiting to start the race

Personally this year I raised $1,600.00 for Breast Cancer Research!  I have many of you to thank for surpassing my goal this year!

Some of the 9,000 participants crossing the finish line

On Sunday we ran with 9,000 other people and helped raise 1.64 million in Ottawa alone!  Last year nation wide 33 million was raised for Breast Cancer Research through this event.  This year I crossed the finish line of the 5K course in 31 minutes, and it was just wonderful running with my teammates!


Not only is this event run across Canada simultaneously, this year a run also took place on the Canadian Forces base in Kandahar, Afghanistan.  Is that not just the coolest thing ever?


 Greeted by the Ottawa 67 Cheerleaders after crossing the finish line

 Keeping warm, waiting to start the race!
 Father & son running together

 Mother & Son running as well!  A great event for 
families.

Lots of fun outfits!

We ended off the morning with hot beverages and breakfast!

17 comments:

Lana said...

Awesome! great job, Dani!!

Mary said...

Great job Dani and the Almonte Taekwon-Do school! And thank you!

Lesleyanne said...

Congrats Dani. Great photos.

mdgtjulie said...

Awesome Dani. Running can be hard when you're alone, but it's much better with a team. I'm glad you all did so well!! Grats to you all!

Lynn said...

Great job Dani!! We saw several of the participants on our way into Ottawa that morning and I was thinking of you. Several of our choir members ran as well.

Karen said...

Way to go Dani!! With everything going on in your life, you did an excellent job with your fund raising. It's great you were able to get a team together from you Taekwon-Do school too! You should feel really proud of yourself cause you're a true asset to your community. :)

Katrina said...

Good on you Dani, well done to all involved!

Carmen said...

great job Dani!

Sally said...

Well done Dani!

Ginny said...

Congrats!! on everything-your fundraising efforts, your team, running the race. You did a great job!

The Outgoing Introvert said...

Awesome! Congrats to you for surpassing your goal and congrats to the entire team for doing such an amazing job!!!

Melanie said...

Go you!!!!!!

Siobhán said...

Congratulations on a job well done!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You done good, girl!

Josefa Vélez said...

EXCELENTE!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well done Dani!

Aussie Stitcher said...

Well done on an awesome effort Dani.