More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Sunday, January 29, 2012

PhotoHunt "Fluffy" & Eggie Progress

Well I was going to blog last night, but I went to a surprise party for my Takewon-Do instructor in celebration of him receiving his Masters back in November.  We had such a good time, that people finally started to leave around 1am!  So it was a little too late for blogging by the time we got home.

This week's PhotoHunt theme is "Fluffy"


I came across this cute, fluffy little fellow (or is it gal?) in June while I was taking pictures in my friend Sheila's garden up in Georgian Bay.


Yesterday I finally managed to wrap up the backstitching on page 5 of Enchantment of Winter.  I've now moved onto page 8, there is a heck of a lot of gold confetti in this one!  Gonna take awhile!


I had stayed up late stitching Friday night, and was looking forward to a nice sleep in Saturday morning.  Well between my friends starting to text message, Todd getting up and not being quiet about it, and Hunter and Zeus deciding it would be a good idea to fight/play with me in the bed I gave up.  However I was treated to a lovely sunrise, I wish I had gotten it a few minutes earlier!  You can see the light shining through the ice on the branches of the willow as we had freezing rain (again) on Friday.


Seeing as its been so mild, we had a lovely set of icicles growing on the house, and I got this shot just as the afternoon sunshine was hitting them.

  I took this portrait of all of our Black Belts two weeks ago, little did my instructor know it was a gift for him.. we made him think it was his idea!

27 comments:

Susan said...

Congratulations to your instructor on his Masters! An amazing accomplishment. Your egg is beautiful! Although mine has been told it has to wait in line, every time I see yours, it starts screaming a little louder.

butterfly said...

WONDERFUL STITCHING, AND GREAT PHOTOS.

Unknown said...

The photos are wonderful and I think perhaps you can keep that freezing rain, I'll stick with my wet non freezing kind lol. EOW is really coming along,its amazing looking.

cucki said...

wow beautiful stitching..looking so lovely..
wonderful photos too..
hugs cucki xxx

Christine said...

EoW is looking gorgeous! Wonderful sunrise picture too

Lesleyanne said...

Great progress on EOW. Lovely photos. Congrats to your instructor.

Linda said...

Wow. EOW is absolutely stunning. Great job.

Linda

Karoline said...

EOW is looking stunning, great progress

Mouse said...

gosh that is an accomplishment getting his masters ... love the shot of you all at the end ... the wee chipmunk is adorable and well done on your enchantment .....
love the sunrise and the icicles too :) love mouse xxxx

Bette said...

Cute little guy! Your EOW is gorgeous. Can't wait to see it finished.

Joysze said...

Oh my goodness, Dani. The picture of that sunrise is breathtaking!!! Thanks for sharing it.

Enchantment looks great. :D

Lana said...

Great progress on your egg!! It is really coming along!!

Carol said...

Your photos are always top-notch, Dani! I do love that little chipmunk with his very fluffy tale...

Good luck with all the gold confetti stitches--I don't know how you do it!! What a masterpiece!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

I don't think I'd want to get close enough to that fluff to see if it is a boy or a girl!
That stitching is amazing!
See you next Saturday ~ and bring something 'flat'!

Kate said...

EOW is looking fabulous. Lovely photos.

Coco Cross Stitcher said...

Your pics are fab and loving the little creature. Stitching is looking fantastic. hope you have a nice week
x catherine

Julie said...

Great pic of the black belts, congrats to your instructor, i bet he loved the pic.
Cold temps here this week, i do hope you didnt send snow our way? LOL
EOW is stunning!

Michelle said...

Great photo - he is such a cute fellow! Your stitching progress is also looking great!

Ginny said...

Your Enchantment is so awesome. You must be getting so anxious to get it done. Love the photo of the sunset. I'll bet it was stunning in real life.

Kathy Ellen said...

Fluffy is adorable. Your stitching on 'Enchantment of Winter' is exquisite!

Since I love snow in winter, seeing the beautiful sunrise shining through the ice covered trees, is a wonderful sight to behold. We have had very little snow in New England this year, and I am feeling a little snow sadness this year. Most people would say "that is crazy", but having grown up in "snow country", I miss not seeing much snow this year.

Blessings to you!

Veronica said...

Lovely pictures and stitching. Very cute chipmunk. Congrats on your instructor's Masters.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Sandra said...

EOW looks amazing. I love the picture of the sunrise, although the icicle made me shiver just looking at them!

Ewa said...

Nice! whenever I see pictures like that in the blogosphere I'm so baffled. I live in California where we whine if it's 40 degrees.

Autumn said...

Great photos! I miss TKD!!

Siobhán said...

Beautiful stitching! Love the photos!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

beautiful stitching. You're almost there!

Brigitte said...

Wow, wow, wow! There's more and more beauty added to this egg each time you show it. A wonderful piece. And congratuulations on the new finish.