More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

IHSW That Wasn't

This past weekend was witness to another edition of the International Hermit And Stitch Weekend.  However for me it was the stitch weekend that wasn't.  I barely put any stitches in!  It was a busy weekend!  I spent the day out Saturday with my Mum and kinda sorta Sister-In-Law, then had dinner that evening with Todd's family.  Sunday was Father's Day I treated my Dad to a movie we went and saw Prometheus (yeah!  Aliens rock!  Actually it was a great movie), then later in the afternoon the family got together to celebrate the day.  It was a fantastic weekend but so busy I was passed out on the couch before 10PM on Sunday!  I did enjoy myself.

Here are my current WIPs as of Friday night before I picked anything up:

The Accolade

Snow White
 
Here are my WIPs that I put a few stitches in... as you can see, a few.

The Accolade

Snow White

Saturday I took my Mum to a small quilt show the Country Quilter in Richmond puts on every year.  We've gone almost every year for the last few years (except last year for some reason), they put on this great little exhibit of local quilts in their yard its just so nice!  Here are some pictures from the day.

The Country Quilter is in an old house and they fill the back yard with quilts!



So many great and creative quilts!

 Annick my "sister in law"


My Mum and Annick

My favourite quilt of the whole show!

My second favourite quilt (I might be a little partial to red)



30 comments:

sharine said...

The quilts are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

So many beautiful quilts! Glad you got to spend time with family. Sounds like EVERYONE had a good time ...and the stitching will be there when you are ready. ;-)

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely quilts. Any progress is progress no matter how small.

Julie said...

You might not have got much stitching done,but you had a good time which is the main thing. ;)

Those quilts are totally amazing.

Bekca said...

Wow, those quilts are beautiful! They must take a long time to make.
It's lovely to read that you had such an enjoyable weekend Dani :) Best wishes.

Annette-California said...

1st time I've ever seen a outdoor Quilt show. WOW! The quilts are very beautiful. I'm amazed what can be stitched from fabric. These quilts are ART. Thank you much for posting the photos. Richmond where Dani? California? We do have a Richmond. Love you got to go with your Mom and Sister In Law. Totally special:)

Unknown said...

Any stitching is progress and it sounds like a wonderful weekend and we need those to. Your favourite quilt is the one I picked out to as the nicest from the ones in your picture.

Carmen said...

so many beautiful quilts!

Giovanna said...

The quilts are beautiful, thanks for sharing!

Chris said...

The stitching looks great even without a lot added over the weekend.
It sounds like you had a lovely time. I think your favorite quilt is my favorite too.

Anonymous said...

The quilts are lovely.
Your stitching is looking great.

Glad you enjoyed Prometheus - DH wants to see it too.

Sounds like a great weekend!

Carol said...

Oh, I would have loved seeing that quilt show with you, Dani--what a great collection of beauties!

Hope your coming weekend is as enjoyable as this past one was :)

Bette said...

Those quilts are gorgeous. I love, love , love the red one with the daisies. I gotta agree with you, that is my favorite as well. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend.

Ann said...

Hi Dani,

Don't worry on the IHSW ... there will be other days to play catch up!

What a great little quilt show that was! There are some lovely quilts hanging on those lines!

Have a great day!
Ann

Ann at Beadlework. said...

What a great idea,hanging the quilts outside. The light would show them off to perfection. I so admire the clever designs that can be made into quilts. I dabbled at one point but I wanted to run before I could walk.

Karoline said...

Still sounds like a great weekend even without much stitching. Those quilts are glorious

Lana said...

Aren't those busy weekends just a pain? Always int he way of our best stitching efforts! LOL just kidding of course! Oh man! I would love to go to a Quilting show someday!! Those are gorgeous!! And for someone who didn't get a lot of stitching in, it looks like you did! Great progress!

Michelle said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend! I would have loved to have been at that quilt show - there are some lovely pieces!

Delphyne said...

Those quilts are amazing! Sounds like a lovely weekend!

Lynn said...

You've got about as much stitching done as I have lately! Life is just too busy.
I'm with you on your choice of fav quilts. I think that quilt is so cheery!

Melanie said...

Wow! Such lovely lovely quilts. I like the stained glass looking ones the best, I think, out of the photos you have posted but they are all fabulous and can all come to live with me at any time. lol

Lianne said...

I agree with you Dani, the floral quilt is gorgeous!

Veronica said...

Lovely stitching and beautiful quilts. I can see why the red one is your favourite. It certainly is eye-catching.

Hugs,
Veronica.

ollie1976 said...

those quilts are BEAUTIFUL! Always wanted to attempt to make them but do I REALLY need a new craft obsession? :)
-Jen

Julie said...

Stunning quilts!

Catherine said...

Sounds and looks like a wonderful weekend!

blue star stitcher said...

I love the creativity of all those wonderful quilts, they are just beautiful.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a great idea, an outdoor show! I love looking at quilts but would never be able to make one myself.

Karen said...

It sounds like a great weekend with family. :) I love the red quilt with white flowers!!

Nic said...

Yeah I know I'm late coming to the party (I'm so behind on blog reading). Looks like your weekend was well worth losing some stitching time. There are sime beautiful quilts in that bunch. And sounds like you had fun