More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Thursday, September 26, 2013

IHSW and Ornament SAL All Wrapped Into One!

This past weekend was the IHSW (International Hermit and Stitch Weekend), I didn't hermit this past Saturday but I did get together with my friends Rebecca and Mylene we did some finishing AND stitching!  Julie, the lucky girl is off to a retreat in Myrtle Beach next month and she wanted to take with her for an exchange a biscornu and a flat fold.  She wanted my help to guide her through the finishing process.  To take advantage of a little finishing time, because as some people would put it, I lack "finisitive", I took one piece with me to Julie's to finish into a flat fold.


We had a VERY productive day!  Julie's flat fold and biscornu turned out beautifully and I finished up this little cutie, Lizzie*Kate's 2010 Snowman which has been sitting in my "finished bin" since 2012 (I'm afraid to admit, but I have much older pieces in there).  I'm just so how pleased with how he turned out!

French Country Teddy Bear
JBW Designs c2011
Stitched on 28ct Bluebell Joblean
Stitched with Caron Waterlillies Dark Shadows

After our little finishing frenzy, our stitching came out.  I started this little guy on Saturday and finished him up on Sunday.  Once I put name, date and weight on him, he'll become a baby sampler for a friend.  This JBW makes for a great and quick baby piece.

Flowers and Vines Dove - Christmas Doves I
JBW Designs c2012
Stitched on 28ct Black Lugana
Stitched with DMC B5200

Sunday night I finished up yet another JBW, this time another of my Doves that I've been working on all year.  That was 5 down, and 1 to go. 

French Country Dove - Christmas Doves II
JBW Designs c2012
Stitched on 28ct Black Lugana
Stitched with DMC B5200

Last night, I finished up the very last Dove!  As lovely as the Doves are I'm happy to see them done!  This set will become ornaments, Christmas gifts this year.  Sorry these doves just don't photograph well in artifical light.


So there we go, IHSW and Ornament SAL all in one post!


25 comments:

Karen said...

Your flatfold finish reminds me I have that same design sitting in my finished bin waiting patiently to be finished! I like the flatfold and think you have inspired me to finish it.

Love the ornaments on the black too! happy stitching...

Barb said...

Great stitching photos! The flatfold finish is lovely!

sharine said...

Very busy girl! Great work:)

Christine said...

Lovely stitching and finishing Dani

Lesleyanne said...

A gorgeous L*K finish. Your ornaments are lovely.

Cross Stitch Crazy Mum said...

Absolutely gorgeous stitching and finishing! Well done :)

cucki said...

Great work x

cucki said...

Great work x

♥ Nia said...

I love the flatfold!!! Looks so pretty =)

Chris said...

I love the snowman flat fold finish. The doves will be wonderful gifts :)

Anonymous said...

I don't think I've ever seen a cuter snowman. Congrats on getting him *finished* finished.

Have a great weekend with lots and lots of stitching.

Carol said...

That is such a cute snowman finish, Dani--love it! And your doves are all wonderful on the black :)

Vickie said...

PERFECT finishing!

Andrea said...

Love the LK snowman, too cute. The doves look wonderful on the black fabric. Your little bear is cute too. I love looking into JBW designs to try to see all of the smaller items.

Linda said...

Congrats on all the great finishes Dani. You did an awesome job on the flatfold.

Linda

Faith... said...

Love your finishes! I lack in the finishing department too.

valerie said...

I just love your flatfold finish! That L*K snowman is the cutest. Good job with your JBW birdies too! Very productive IHSW!

Meari said...

Adorable finishes! I'm going to the Myrtle Beach retreat, too! :)

Gillie said...

Oh my goodness, where can you buy finitisive, lol? I need a large amount, please!

Bette said...

Love the Lizzie Kate design. And the finish is so lovely. Also what a cute idea for a baby sampler. Why didn't I think of it? LOL!

Karen said...

I love your flat fold finish! I'm not sure why, but I keep putting finishing off too. Someday, somehow it will all get done lol. ;) Lovely stitching by the way.

Brigitte said...

These little white doves will make some terrific ornaments.
I love your flatfold finish. I also have alittle finish that I want to turn into a flatfold - my first. But finishing is also my weak side, sigh.

Melanie said...

Congrats on finishing your doves!!! They look great. You must have great eyes to do all that work on dark fabric. I struggle so much with that now that I'm.....'older'. Heh.

Lovely flatfold too! I have that piece framed and I never get tired of his cute little face.

Julie said...

The flatfold is lovely, something I have never tried to make.

Sally said...

I love the flatfold! So cute.

Love all your JBW pieces.