More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Ornamentification Part 2

I seem to have found my finishative and I've been working away at reducing my pile of ornaments that need finishing. Normally I do this sort of thing assembly-line style. This time I'm tackling them one at a time, and I'm finding this way I'm putting a little more flair into each finish.



I'm especially fond of this little fellow! This is Dragon Dreams 11th day of Christmas Dragonlet. These guys were free via the Dragon Dreams Facebook page last year. I stitched up this wee guy in honour of my Scottish ancestry. I just love how the finishing turned out, that he's sitting on a plaid fabric similar to the tartan on his tam and bagpipes. The cord is made with one of the DMC colours used in the Dragonlet, and I just love the jingle bells I added which were two different sizes.



My next finish is this little Lizzie*Kate Tiny Tidings that I stitched up a while ago. When considering what finishing touches to add to this one, I came across this great wired pom pom trim with silver tinsel. Again, just perfect.




- thanks for reading!

26 comments:

Catherine said...

So cute!

Anonymous said...

Both are adorable.

Where did you find the wired pom pom trim? That sounds like something I need to have. LOL

sharine said...

They are both great but the dragon is my fave:)

Jackie's Stitches said...

Love the extra touches you put on both of these!

Linda said...

More adorable ornament finishes Dani. You are so talented.

Linda

Christine said...

Great ornaments, I love the tartan backing on the dragon

Lonneke said...

They are both very cute

Bekca said...

"finishative" - Dani, you have the best words! Great ornaments, I love the pom pom trim too :)
Best wishes.

Chris said...

They look great Dani!

Annie said...

What cute finishes. I love the red and green plaid!

Giovanna said...

They're lovely - the tartan finish on the dragonlet ornie is just perfect.

Lesleyanne said...

Two gorgeous finishes.

Karen said...

Ohh I love your finishes! They both look awesome. That pom pom trim is so cute!

Brigitte said...

Ahhhh, very nice finishing again.

Barb said...

The ornaments are so cute! I love the pom pom fringe.

Emma/Itzy said...

Both are lovely! x

Aurelia Eglantine said...

Very cute finishes! I love the idea of adding jingle bells, very festive :)

Julie said...

Loving little dragon finish

Susan said...

Very cute finishes. If you run out of room on your tree, I have plenty of room on mine!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

These are both perfect in their own way. I have stitched all but one of the Dragonlets now.

I have a special finishing idea in mind for them.

♥ Nia said...

Both look great! Congrats on your finishes :)

Sara said...

Love your finishing, that pom pom trim IS perfect!

Carol said...

Love them both, Dani! I agree--when you do them one at a time, you spend more time on them and make each one a little more "special!"

Unknown said...

Congrats! It looks great!
Pat

Andrea said...

Wonderful finishes. May have to borrow that finishing technique of the Christmas Dragonlet. A nice touch.

Unknown said...

Ok whats your secret....?Love the finishes, just wish there was time for more finishes froom myself!
Thanks for sharing them.. and merry christmas x