More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Thursday, January 02, 2014

Crazy Challenge Day Two

January 2nd and day two of the Crazy Challenge (15 new projects in 15 days!).  I was undecided on what I wanted to start when I got out of bed this morning.  So I had a sit, had a think with a cup of tea and decided what to start today.


I had a few projects lined up in my head before the Christmas Break started and decided to work on Michael Powell's Mini River Cottage.  My reasoning was that River Cottage was one of the bigger projects I had lined up so I could make significant progress since I wasn't working or going anywhere today.  Also was the simple reason that its a kit and was all ready to go... I didn't have to pull anything, think of fabrics or fibers.  It easy to just pick up and go.


I also want to share with you a new start from the days between Christmas and New Year's.  I wasn't really able to focus on stitching those few days so I decided I needed to start something small and colourful.  I pulled out Just Nan's Cardinal Tweet... I love how the reds pop on the Natural 32ct Linen I'm using.

21 comments:

Barb said...

Cardinal tweet is just adorable!

Zeb said...

Love the Cardinal, but I think I am going to need to look into the Michael Powell designs. Love the shading.

Emma/Itzy said...

Great progress!

Christine said...

Great start on the Michael Powell. The cardinal is adorable

Vickie said...

I adore Just Nan. Tweet is sweet!

Anna van Schurman said...

That cardinal is adorable. I've got a few Just Nans lined up for my smalls SAL. I hope they're as cute as yours.

Ann said...

Hi Dani,
You've made some lovely starts (and a couple of more to come)!
Just hopping by to wish you and your family a lovely, happy, prosperous and healthy 2014!
Greetings,
Ann

Marsha said...

Too cute.

Lesleyanne said...

Great new start and finish.

♥ Nia said...

Great new start! :)

Linda said...

Great new starts Dani.

Linda

Michelle said...

Another great start! The cardinals are so sweet!

Annette said...

The cardinal is a gorgeous red!

I do love Michael Powell designs - excellent choice ;)

sharine said...

Cute finises:)

Lisa said...

Isn't it interesting when you don't feel like stitching, but you really want to, something colorful, fun and small always helps. I love all your starts and look forward watching more. Take care

Anonymous said...

The cardinals DO pop nicely. Looks like you've got a good head start on Christmas 2014.

Andrea said...

Great starts. Love the cardinals.

Giovanna said...

Very nice starts!

EvalinaMaria said...

I love the cardinal and the progress on your new start is amazing!

Bonnie Brown said...

Great start on Day 2

Shebafudge said...

Lovely stitching. Michael Powell's designs always look so cute. I love the wobbly back stitch that a lot of them have.