More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

WIPWednesday, Small Finishes and What's Next?

Happy Wednesday fair readers!  Which means its WIPWednesday and one of my blogging days!

As usual I like to start with the happy stuff, and I've had two small Happy Dances since my last post.

Red Threads
Rosewood Manor
Stitched with NPI Silk
Stitched on 32ct Natural Linen

This first little guy, was already well under way, so there wasn't much left to do.  This has been my "purse project" and I've been dragging it around with me most places but not really working on it.  So I finally put the last stitches into it.

French Country Star
JBW Designs
Just Cross Stitch - Ornament Issue 2010
Stitched with WDW Garnet
Stitched Over One on 25ct Sand/Gold Lugana

Next up is this month's ornament, I had a hard time settling on which one I wanted to stitch.  I finally picked up this sweet little stitch by JBW which was in one of my Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issues.  If I can, and it may be rather ambitious I'd like to finish this star-shaped!

I haven't settled on a new focus project yet, and really that's okay.  This week I've picked away at two different projects.


I kind of have it in my mind to finish up my January 1st start from this year, Peacock by Alessandra Adelaide.  Christin and I started them together, but she's been done hers for awhile now. Usually I'm the first to finish!  I've had a hard time getting "into" this project.


When I haven't been able to get "into" Peacock I've pulled out an oldie, but goodie Arabian Woman a kit from Lanarte.  I fell in love with and bought this project a long time ago, and it cost me a fair bit.  A few years ago I put some stitches in it to make myself get back to it.  I've enjoyed working on it this week.  The fabric on this piece comes painted and there's a little "+" where to start so I've slowly worked my way from that start point, to my happy place, the top left hand corner.

As promised last week here are the other projects I have started in my stitching basket... Which project would you like to watch come to life?  Leave me a comment!

Mini River Cottage - Michael Powell

The Big Red - The Silver Lining

 Cirque des Carreaux - Ink Circles

Fortunate Traveller - Teresa Wentzler

25 comments:

Barb said...

Lots of good stitching going on. I love that JBW star!

Claudette497 said...

Your finishes look lovely. I vote for the TW.

Linda said...

Cute finishes and lovely stitching Dani. I would like to see the Michael Powell piece grow.

Linda

Anonymous said...

Hard question ---- Cirque des Carreaux or Fortunate Traveler. Maybe give each project a number and roll the dice each night.

Happy stitching.

Preeti said...

Beautiful finishes, Dani!! The Arabian project looks a big one with tiny stitches. I like the last project the most among your WIPs, different and interesting!

Miamina said...

Lovely little finishes! Well done :)

All the others are beautiful too, I can't blame you for finding it hard to choose. I narrowly missed out on the Arabian Woman on Ebay the other night, so would love to see her stitched up ;)

Julie said...

Lots of lovely things Dani. Redwork always looks so elegant.
The traveller is definitely a good choice for you.

Annie said...

Great finishes, and all your WIPs are wonderful. I would love to see more progress on the TW!

Vickie said...

Star shaped finishing would be very awesome.
I think you should go for mini river cottage. :)

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

My goodness Dani, between your small finishes and all the work you've done on your big projects...I'm jealous :) HA! Good going you!

D1-D2 said...

Very nice progress. I would love to see Arabian Woman stitched.

Bea said...

Nice finishes!

For me, it would be a toss up between the Ink Circles and TW.

Unknown said...

I'm going to say Big Red only because I have that as a WIP but I started at the bottom to watch them grow. Enjoy whatever your choice is!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Love your two Smalls, I stitched the star a while back.

I'm torn between the Michael Powell because it's the smallest and you could easily finish that and the TW because I love TW and could enjoy your stitching for months!

Justine said...

Your finishes are gorgeous! I am becoming a fan of one colour designs. I vote for Arabia Woman as I love this one and I didn't realise it had painted fabric!

Elizabeth said...

Cirque des Carreaux!

Anonymous said...

Lots of great stitching going on. Can't wait to see the peacock finished. All are looking fabulous.

Sylvia said...

Your two finishes are lovely. Of those you have in progress my vote would be for Fortunate Traveler. however if you are looking for a fast finish i would vote for the Michael Powell piece. I love his designs as well. I also love the quality of the work you do. In any case, have fun!!

Lulu said...

Wow! You've been a busy stitcher. I love the colors in The Big Red and would like to see more.

Lana said...

Cute finishes!! I'd love to see the peacock piece come to life!! But any project you do is beautiful!!

Angela said...

Lots of lovely projects to choose from, love the Ink Circles one!

stitcherw said...

First of all Congratulations on your awesome finish of The Accolade, it turned out fantastic and you must be so pleased to have it finished. That's a lot of work (and confetti) and it's gorgeous! Hard to chose on a next focus piece, torn between Fortunate Traveller (love TW pieces ) and River Cottage (love all the colors in M.Powell's pieces). It will be fun to watch Arabian Woman grow as well. the painted fabric is so interesting, and like you I'd want to start in the upper left, so would have wanted to work my way up to that point as well.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love that French Country Star! blessings, marlene

Brigitte said...

Two nice little finishes. And some real good progress on your two WIPs. That fabric which comes with the Arabian Women is looking very interesting.
I love Michael Powell pieces, so my vote is for him.

Lillie said...

Lots of beautiful stitching in progress.